Tennis NZ Performance Coach Support Programme
The Tennis NZ High Performance and Coach Development teams are pleased to announce the launch of the Performance Coach Support Programme.
This programme is designed to bring our performance coaching community together to engage in continuing professional development opportunities. It is also a chance to share ideas and build relationships with like-minded peers across the country working in the performance space and always looking to improve themselves and their players.
Tennis NZ will be running seminars at our key tournaments in which our performance players are competing.
Seminars will be focused on different elements of performance coaching and sport science, with webinars delivered online between the in-person sessions.
You can find out more about the programme and the scheduled events for the next 12 months HERE.
Coaches must meet the below selection criteria if they wish to participate in the programme:
- Coach is qualified to minimum ITF level 1 - (aspiration to complete Club Professional course)
- Coach is engaged in the Tennis NZ's Coach Development pathway.
- Coach is registered and actively delivering Tennis NZ's national junior development programme.
- Coach is supportive of Tennis NZ’s Performance Player Pathways
- Coach is in good standing with their club, association, region, colleagues and Tennis NZ.
- Coach has players competing in domestic ITF’s, nationals, Tier 1 or 2 tournaments.
- Coach has a clear vision, purpose and philosophy.
If you would like to sign up to the launch sessions taking place at the Kiwi Indoor Championships:
We will be running two launch sessions, one at each age group venue, one in Wellington and one in Auckland.