(1) Tennis New Zealand knows you care about how your personal information is used and shared. It is committed to ensuring your privacy is protected and your personal information is only used appropriately.
(2) This policy aims to help people involved in Tennis New Zealand understand how their personal information may be collected, used stored and disclosed by Tennis New Zealand.
(1) This policy applies to all people providing personal information to Tennis New Zealand.
(2) Personal information means information about an identifiable person.
Collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information
(1) Collecting personal information
(a) When you become a member of, or participate in Tennis New Zealand activities, Tennis New Zealand will need to collect some personal information from you (or family/whānau of children). It may also collect other information needed to perform its functions, or where required by law.
(b) Personal information may include your contact details and any other personal information that you provide or that Tennis New Zealand collects. For participants, this may also include performance results and health/medical information.
(c) Tennis New Zealand may collect this information directly from you with your permission, or from regional tennis organisations and/or tennis affiliates who are members of Tennis New Zealand or organisations to which Tennis New Zealand belongs, other organisations for example the New Zealand Olympic Committee, Paralympics New Zealand, Drug Free Sport New Zealand and the International Tennis Federation.
(2) Using personal information
(a) Tennis New Zealand will never sell your personal information.
(b) Employees of Tennis New Zealand may have access to your personal information to do their work. Their access to your personal information is limited to what is necessary.
(c) Agents and subcontractors of tennis New Zealand may have access to personal information needed to do their work but may not use it for any other purposes.
(d) Your personal information may be used:
(i) For Tennis New Zealand activities and operations
(ii) to consider an employment or volunteer application
(iii) to amend records to remove or update personal information.
(iv) for other everyday business purposes that involve use of personal information(v) to comply with the law; or protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our members, or others.
(3) Storing and disclosing personal information
(a) Tennis New Zealand will maintain all reasonable protections against the loss, misuse, or inappropriate disclosure of your personal information, and maintain processes to prevent unauthorized use or access to that information.
(b) Tennis New Zealand will keep all physical documents secure, both inside and outside its premises
(c) Tennis New Zealand will keep electronic personal information secure by making sure its data storage is protected from external sources, maintaining regular back up and applying good security practices.
(d) Tennis New Zealand may use cloud computing. Where used, Tennis New Zealand will ensure that cloud computing solutions meet good practice security requirements.
(e) Tennis New Zealand may share your personal information with the community, regional and/or national organisations it belongs to, other organisations which are affiliated to it that you belong to or have applied for membership, for example the New Zealand Olympic Committee,Paralympics New Zealand, Drug Free Sport New Zealand, and the International Tennis Federation
(4) Requests for personal information
(a) You have rights to access and correct your personal information (or your children’s) in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020. If you want to access or correct your personal information (or your children’s), please contact the Tennis New Zealand Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) Tennis New Zealand will not disclose information about children to family/whānau unless there is a clear legal right to access that information.
(c) Any questions about Tennis New Zealand’s compliance with the Privacy Act should be referred to the Tennis New Zealand Privacy Office.
(1) Breaches of this policy include breaches of any of the Information Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 2020
(2) Individuals who wish to report an alleged breach of this policy should follow the complaints procedure outlined in the Complaints Policy and Procedure.