Looking for a coaching job?
If you are a coach looking to take the next step in your career, check out our current vacancies below.
We are currently searching for a Coach, Player or Tennis fanatic wanting to begin their coaching pathway or develop further as a career coach.
You will be working directly with Remarkable Tennis Director and Tennis NZ coach developer Adam Roberts who will help with developing all aspects of your coaching and creating a better understanding of operating a successful tennis business.
- A willingness to learn and develop under the Tennis NZ program
- No previous accreditation required but must capable of playing Tennis and willing to gain
accreditation whilst with Remarkable Tennis
- Be good with children
- Desire to gain and increase on court hours.
- Be personable
- Hot Shots Coaching
- Junior & Adult Group Coaching
- Cardio Tennis
- Private lessons
- Administrative work
Additional Duties (When Required)
- Holiday Camps
- Tournament Trips
- In School Tennis
Incoming Hours (approx.)
- Monday - Friday 3:30 - 6:30pm
- Sunday 9:00 - 11:00 + potential afternoon
- $25 - $40ph
Dependent on experience & qualifications. Goal set pay structure in place to reward coaches as they
grow and develop within the company.
All applicants must have an appropriate work visa or be a NZ resident. Applications close 30 Jan 2022
Preferred Start date - 01 Feb 2022
For all enquiries and applications please email firstname.lastname@example.org All application must accompanied with a CV and cover letter. Adam Roberts Remarkable Tennis
Head Club Coach Wanted - Sunny Hawke's Bay
Here' s an exciting opportunity to be the new head coach at one of Hawke's Bays Premier Tennis Clubs - Greendale. Hawke's Bay is well known for great weather, wineries and a great lifestyle, and Greendale compliments everything Hawke's Bay has to offer, with fantastic facilities that include 9 lit courts (6 LED) including 3 cushioned plexi pave courts - of which you will have sole use of a number of courts during the week.
Our new head coach needs to...
- Have IFT level 1 coaching qualification or higher
- Be approachable and able to relate to people of all ages and abilities
- Be flexible with hours, and be reliable and punctual
- Have superior organisational skills
- Be enthusiastic and professional while still having a sense of humour
- Fulfil the role with long term vision and commitment
As our new head coach, you will be responsible for developing and nurturing junior members and creating a development pathway for all levels of juniors. You will be the face of Greendale and create a coaching brand and reputation that is aligned with Greendale's philosophy and brand. A big part of this will be helping to grow membership and improve participation and membership retention. Also, there are many schools close by that can be engaged with to help with this; along with you becoming part of the community to foster long term relationships that will help make Greendale even more of a hub in the community.
Greendale club has the following successful programs currently running:
- Cardio programs
- Hot shots
- Well supported Saturday morning junior program
- Tennis in schools (7 local schools including a high school within walking distance to our club)
- Junior squads
- High performance squads
- Private lessons for both juniors and adults
As our new head coach you will start with some guaranteed hours per week in the school terms 1 and 4. You will oversee the implementation of all coaching at Greendale along with mentoring junior coaches when required. There may be the possibility of regional work and rep team involvement. For the opportunity to become our new head coach please send your CV and other supporting details to email@example.com no later than 7th November.
For further information on our club check out our website www.greendaletennisclub.com or you can phone our club captain, Stu Dawson 027 629 9707
TESE Tennis Service, Pt. Chevalier Tennis Club is looking for an experienced and energetic coach to join their existing team
Qualities that TESE Tennis Service are looking for in their successful coach:
– Ability to coach all skill levels, Junior to Adults
– Great communication skills
– Available to coach Mon-Sat
– Able to work unsupervised
– Minimum 2 years coaching experience
Duties include but are not limited to:
– Hot Shot
– Private Lessons, Adults and Juniors
– Group Lessons
– Squad Training
– MatchPlay supervision
– School Holiday Programs
– Tennis New Zealand Junior Development Coach or equivalent.
A successful Coach has to be able to provide proof of appropriate insurance, qualifications and first aid certification.
Please be aware that only applications from candidates with a right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.
Applications close November 10
Please send your CV to:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to lead our Club Coaching team. This could be seen as a Head Coach position or it may also appeal to someone with a passion for the game who could take on a Administrator/Coordinator role – we are open to ideas on how this could work.
Hawkes Bay Clubs are committed to working collaboratively towards making Hawkes Bay one of NZ’s top tennis regions with results to date including huge growth in membership and lots of our juniors featuring in national rankings. The successful applicant for this role will be a ‘team player’ and will have a passion for encouraging players to love the game & the ability to communicate well with players of all levels and ages. They will also be able to commit to the wider vision for the region.
We are based in the vibrant and growing community of Havelock North and we currently have over 450 members including a large number of families. We have 8 astro courts and 1 hard court, and 6 of the astro courts have lights.
The Club supports a regional Pathway for Juniors from Hot Shots through to Regional Development Squads and the Coaching team delivers the full range of programmes including:
- Hot Shots
- High Performance Junior Squads
- Cardio Tennis
- Tennis Xpress
- Tennis in Schools
- Coaching for all ages
If you believe you have the skills needed and you are interested in finding out more about the Club and the role please apply with your CV by Friday 22nd October 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
An opportunity has arisen for a Tennis Coach to join the Team at Cyperus Tennis + Fitness (CTF), based in Wellington central/west (home base Karori United Tennis Club). We are interested in hearing from Tennis Coaches who may be looking for more work.
CTF delivers coaching all year round and there are opportunities to expand our operations. We are interested in adding an Assistant Coach to the Team, but would also welcome a more Senior Coach if available.
Assistant Coaches should have a solid all round knowledge of tennis skills, and preferably a background in playing competitive tennis at a reasonably high level. Assistant coaches mainly work under the guidance of a senior coach.
Senior Coaches should have a minimum ITF Level One qualification, “Junior Development Coach” or equivalent. Senior coaches are expected to conduct group sessions and private trainings, maintaining the quality of delivery expected from CTF.
Expressions of interest can be made through emailing email@example.com or by contacting Darren Ward 021 870 978. Further information about CTF can be viewed on our website www.cyperus.co.nz
PLANiTPRO is looking for a Head Coach at Kilbirnie Tennis Club. Kilbirnie Tennis Club is known as Wellington’s most beautiful club and was the 2018 Tennis Central Club of the Year. It’s also one of the larger clubs in the Central Region with 2 hard courts and 3 all-weather artificial turf courts. A great opportunity to lead at a sought-after club!
For more information about PLANiTPRO, check out our website at planitpro.co.nz.
Preferred start date is Term 4 on 18 October 2021.
Pay will be based on experience. Packages and incentives can be discussed upon receiving application.
The ideal candidate:
• Is a career coach who thrives in a club environment and is enthusiastic about growing a tennis business;
• Will be actively involved in all aspects of coaching and administration at Kilbirnie Tennis Club and be affiliated with PLANiTPRO at the Renouf Tennis Centre;
• Will actively engage with the surrounding schools and community to boost participation in tennis at the club;
• Will create initiatives focussed on growing participation and engaging players in tennis at the club like
events and tournaments;
• Is ITF Level 1 or higher qualified.
Please note you must have NZ residency or a current work visa to apply for this position. We DO NOT sponsor overseas coaches.
To apply, please email your cover letter and CV to Troy Leamy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ngatitoa Tennis Club is looking for a part time Club Coach for their club based in Porirua Wellington.
We have 3 1-hour sessions on a Monday afternoon. Each session caters for up to 12 juniors. First session (3:30) is for beginners aged 5-10. Second session (4:30) is for intermediate players aged 8-12. Third session (5:30) is for interclub-level players aged 10-18.
Preferred start date is Sep 06, 2021
E-mail email@example.com with your interest and credentials. Applications close on the 9th of August.
Sparta Tennis is looking to add to our industry leading team of coaches to
meet increased demand across the spectrum of coaching. This includes
Tennis NZ Programmes; Hot Shots, Cardio and Express as well as in our
vaunted Academy Programme, and private coaching for aspiring juniors.
With 36 NZ Selections and 73 Regional selections in the past 5 years, and
9 national titles in the last 3 years Sparta is the nations leading Academy.
We are committed to promoting, educating and rewarding motivated
coaches, which allows us to build the programme over time.
Any questions please call Dwayne Cleugh on 0274434282
Application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Jul 28, 2021
Pompallier Lawn Tennis Club (PLTC) is looking for a new Club Manager to manage the club facilities, increase membership and build participation and engagement with their members. PLTC is a not-for-profit community organisation with five tennis courts and around 200 senior members and 180 junior members. The Club is a busy place with plenty of sports activity going on, both competitive and friendly, and members enjoying the social aspects the Club has to offer.
What is on offer:
Contract role, maximum of 80 hours per month, with some flexibility in hours worked and occasional weekend and evening work
An enthusiastic and supportive team of people to work with
An opportunity to use your skill-set and style to manage these great facilities and build on the club’s success through engagement with a diverse range of members in a family and community environment
A safe, engaging, and friendly place to work
What you offer:
Superb management and organisational skills
An ability to maintain and build club membership through the execution of various initiatives
The ability to maintain good relationships with the club Executive, coaching team, sponsors, donors and members
Flexibility, an enthusiastic can-do attitude, and someone who uses their initiative well
Experienced with club administration and XERO accounting
Member management, existing and new, creating an outstanding member experience
Managing the club facilities and organising volunteers, contractors, marketing communications and events
Day-to-day financial management, managing funding and other revenue streams, and maintaining membership database
Support to Executive Committee and execution of resolutions and plans
If you're the person who can take our club to the next level, apply now with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants must have the right to live and work in NZ. Applications close Friday 2 July 2021. Please visit www.pompalliertennis.co.nz for more information about PLTC.
Kiwi Tennis is a tennis management company that operates at 13 clubs across Auckland and the Waikato, and around 50 schools. We provide coaching to players of all ages and abilities, from national performance players through to junior, adult and schools coaching.
We're looking for our next Head Coach, and we'd love to hear from you if you have the following:
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• The highest level of professionalism and presentation
• An outgoing and dynamic personality that can relate easily to adults and juniors.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• An ability to build positive relationships with key stakeholders
• Relevant Tertiary qualifications
• Full Drivers License & car
• ITF Level 1/JDC/LTA Level 3
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
• Delivery of group and private lessons
• Overseeing the provision of all coaching at the nominated club
• Assisting in establishing and coordinating ongoing programmes across the club and
• Promotion and growth of the club and school coaching programmes, in addition to our
holiday programmes, each term.
• Managing the club’s coaching team
• Creating lesson plans for all sessions at the club
• Attendance at Committee meetings
• Racquet stringing and pro shop sales
• Playing interclub for the nominated club
• Training assistants and mentoring junior coaches where required
You'll be remunerated well, with an incentive program for the right applicant.
Come and join NZ's largest coaching company!
Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a ring on 022 898 1212 if you'd like to discuss the role.
Evolve Tennis Coaching is seeking to appoint a professional Head Tennis Coach to deliver and develop a high quality coaching programme at the Thorndon Tennis & Squash Club.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide and maintain high quality coaching at all levels of the game
- Manage all on-court aspects involved with junior and senior coaching programmes
- Identify junior players of potential and nurture that potential through our development programmes
- Communicate effectively with the club, players and parents in a timely manner
- Provide a coaching service minimum 5 days a week. There is potential to substantially increase the current 30 hours per week.
- Ability to work with a team of coaches
- Mentor Senior, Development and Assistant Coaches
- Communicate with other Head Coaches at Evolve on a regular basis
- Administer player bookings and attendance records using a computerized system
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Display a high level of personal integrity and pride in their work, be motivated and willing to learn, honest and reliable, display initiative and able to work in a team
- Hold strong interpersonal and communication skills for all age groups
- Sound computer skills
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- ITF Level 1 coaching qualification equivalent or higher
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Tennis Hot Shots programme
- Minimum 5 years experience coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities
- Experience coaching Cardio Tennis preferred
Applicants should send their CV and other supporting details to Susan at email@example.com
Full-Time/Part-Time Tennis Coach Employment
Mount Maunganui Tennis Club
A great opportunity has arisen for a coach to join our professional Coaching Team at Mount Maunganui Tennis Club in the Bay of Plenty.
This role will involve:
- Hot Shots Coaching
- Junior & Adult Group Coaching
- Tennis in Schools
- Cardio Tennis
- Private lessons with both juniors and adults
The suitable candidate must currently live in New Zealand and have the following:
- Experience coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities.
- Very good communication skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Outgoing and dynamic personality that can relate easily to adults and juniors.
- Current Police Check
If you are interested in this position and think that you have the necessary skills to fulfil this role, please apply to:
Pakuranga Tennis Club is looking for a senior coach to assist the Head Coach in all areas of the club. This person ideally is able to work independently with all areas of junior development (hot shots) as well as junior performance and seniors. There are 25+ hours available with both privates and groups. Please get in touch for more information.
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for a coach?
Looking for a great coach to help grow your club or coaching business? Post your great opportunity below, or click here for recruitment advice.