Looking for a coaching job?
If you are a coach looking to take the next step in your career, check out our current vacancies below.
Also we've got a great Coach Development opportunity happening on the 27 January 2021. This one-day workshop will have a performance and participation focus and will give coaches the opportunity to unpack three key areas. LEARN MORE
Kiwi Tennis (www.kiwitennis.co.nz) is a tennis management company that delivers comprehensive coaching programmes to all ages and abilities in 7 clubs and around 30 schools across Auckland. Kiwi Tennis is a tennis management company that delivers comprehensive coaching programmes to all ages and abilities in 7 clubs and around 30 schools across Auckland.
We currently have a fantastic team of international coaches and support staff and are on the look-out for another quality coach to join our team.
We are looking for a highly skilled and qualified individual with extensive club coaching experience and a proven background in developing club coaching programmes.
The successful individual will be a career coach, extremely proactive and confident in being able to sellthemselves, the coaching programme and tennis products from the pro shops. You must also be highly organised and have great communication skills.
There is definite room for growth in this role with a defined pathway towards a role as a Head Coach. This role will involve working in multiple locations across the week, and will include:
• Hot Shots Coaching
• Junior Group Coaching
• Tennis in Schools
• Cardio Tennis
• Private lessons with both juniors and adults
• Summer secondary school team coaching
The suitable candidate must have the following:
• ITF/Tennis Australia/Tennis New Zealand Level 1 or above tennis coaching qualification (or international equivalent – LTA Level 3)
• Experience coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities.
• Experience with developing club and school coaching programmes.
• Very good administration, communication and computer skills.
• Fluent in written and spoken English.
• The highest level of professionalism.
• Outgoing and dynamic personality that can relate easily to adults and juniors.
• Higher education qualification in sports development/coaching/management is desirable but not essential.
• Clean driving license essential, with own car
• Current Police Check
• Elibility for a working holiday visa into New Zealand (no other visas suitable for this role)
• First Aid Certificate is desirable but not essential
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
We are looking for 2 enthusiastic and reliable Senior Tennis Coaches (2 vacancies available)
Tennis Monsters Academy is a team of professionals with the mission of attracting people outside the classic sport market niche and bring them to a structured pathway, where they can develop their tennis skills, enjoy the Club environment and become regular tennis players, either to a Social or High Performance level.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Exemplify exceptional customer service skills through all interactions with members and guests
- Teach private and group lessons to all ages and abilities
- Self-motivated, creative, well-organized and require little direct supervision
- Always, without exception punctual and dependable
- Attract and recruit new Beginner tennis players (Juniors and Seniors)
- Provide a remarkable experience for our members and guests
- Enforce all policies to ensure the safety of customers and guests
- Energetic and enthusiastic coaching style
- History of embodying the moral high ground, of being a contributor to a successful team environment, and always set the bar high for amazing customer service.
Skills and experience
- Self-reliant with a 'can do' attitude
- Minimum 3 years of experience with performance players
- Minimum grading level of UTR 9, S6 or above according to NZ standards.
- Always punctual, clear, and timely in any communication
- Must enjoy working with children on an individual and group basis
- Increase member participation and retention by actively, constantly & personally promoting all club programmes
- Accepting responsibility for the satisfactory conclusion to all tennis-related member services problems where you are involved.
- Ensuring Tennis department maintain immaculate tennis courts and facility.
- Providing world class tennis lessons for adults and juniors—private, semi-private and group—beginner through advanced levels.
- Evaluating student progress and teaching tennis best practices and techniques.
- Work all scheduled tennis activities or arrange for coverage, pre-approved by the Director of Tennis, in any absence.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills and able to diplomatically manage confrontation
- U.S.P.T.A., ITF, TNZ or P.T.R certification required within one year of hire. Certification must remain current.
- Current CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications
We offer very competitive payment rates depending on your knowledge and experience.
Text or Call Nelson in 021-0499671 or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEED Tennis is currently seeking a tennis coach to facilitate participation programmes in Te Atatu and the Rodney district.
- Prepare and deliver a high quality children and adults’ programme for beginner and recreational players from ages 3 and up
- Develop and maintain their own private client schedule
- Establish a good relationship with children, parents/caregivers and club members
- Liaise with and support our clubs’ committees to further enhance the clubs and their activities
- 30 hours a week: contract or salaried position to be discussed
The suitable candidate must have the following:
- Experience as an assistant tennis coach, with ideally, an Assistant Coach qualification
- Outgoing & dynamic personality, relating well with both children and adults
- A high level of professionalism, always punctual and dependable
- Good communication, administration and computer skills
- The ability to commit for 2 years, completing a Junior Development Coach (ITF Level 1) qualification in this timeframe
If the successful applicant is travelling from overseas, you must be eligible for a working holiday visa into New Zealand, with a view to sponsorship of a work visa in following years.
This role provides the unique opportunity for the successful applicant to receive preliminary and ongoing on-the-job training as a tennis coach, to transition the applicant from an aspiring or hobby coach to a career tennis coach.
Work to commence January 2021.
If you are interested in this position and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Please apply to:
Lifetime opportunity for an experienced coach to buy their own business in the beautiful Bay of Islands in New Zealand. This is a rare chance to live and work the tennis dream at Kerikeri located in sunny Northland.
* Reputable and established Tennis Academy
* Coaching adults and children for 14 years
* Includes ownership of Pro-shop building with stock and coffee machine
* Near new Tennis Centre with 9 Astroturf Courts (includes 6 floodlit courts) and one hard court
* Established regular client base
Buyer must have experience, coaching qualifications and a passion for the game
Seller will work with new owner to prepare and handover ownership
For more information regarding this listing please call Carl Terrizzi Ph 0210 2756452
Please see Trademe Business for Sale
Looking for a coach?
Looking for a great coach to help grow your club or coaching business? Post your great opportunity below, or click here for recruitment advice.