Looking for a coaching job?
If you are a coach looking to take the next step in your career, check out our current vacancies below.
Sparta Tennis is looking to add to our industry leading team of coaches to
meet increased demand across the spectrum of coaching. This includes
Tennis NZ Programmes; Hot Shots, Cardio and Express as well as in our
vaunted Academy Programme, and private coaching for aspiring juniors.
With 36 NZ Selections and 73 Regional selections in the past 5 years, and
9 national titles in the last 3 years Sparta is the nations leading Academy.
We are committed to promoting, educating and rewarding motivated
coaches, which allows us to build the programme over time.
Any questions please call Dwayne Cleugh on 0274434282
Application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Jul 28, 2021
Pompallier Lawn Tennis Club (PLTC) is looking for a new Club Manager to manage the club facilities, increase membership and build participation and engagement with their members. PLTC is a not-for-profit community organisation with five tennis courts and around 200 senior members and 180 junior members. The Club is a busy place with plenty of sports activity going on, both competitive and friendly, and members enjoying the social aspects the Club has to offer.
What is on offer:
Contract role, maximum of 80 hours per month, with some flexibility in hours worked and occasional weekend and evening work
An enthusiastic and supportive team of people to work with
An opportunity to use your skill-set and style to manage these great facilities and build on the club’s success through engagement with a diverse range of members in a family and community environment
A safe, engaging, and friendly place to work
What you offer:
Superb management and organisational skills
An ability to maintain and build club membership through the execution of various initiatives
The ability to maintain good relationships with the club Executive, coaching team, sponsors, donors and members
Flexibility, an enthusiastic can-do attitude, and someone who uses their initiative well
Experienced with club administration and XERO accounting
Member management, existing and new, creating an outstanding member experience
Managing the club facilities and organising volunteers, contractors, marketing communications and events
Day-to-day financial management, managing funding and other revenue streams, and maintaining membership database
Support to Executive Committee and execution of resolutions and plans
If you're the person who can take our club to the next level, apply now with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicants must have the right to live and work in NZ. Applications close Friday 2 July 2021. Please visit www.pompalliertennis.co.nz for more information about PLTC.
Feilding Lawn Tennis Club is wanting to fill a recent vacancy for our head tennis coach. This is a great opportunity for an eager and motivated coach to work in a friendly and supportive club.
The opportunities for our new coach are extensive and the club welcomes new initiatives and ideas to improve our offering for our members.
Currently the programmes we offer include:
- Tennis Hot Shots coaching
- Junior interclub practices
- Senior interclub practice
- Junior individual lessons
- Senior individual lessons
- Junior group lessons
- Senior group lessons
We have a strong club membership which has the potential to increase. Our local population is growing and there are limitless opportunities to promote tennis to our community, including through local schools.
Our club has 7 astro turf courts with good lighting and these courts are able to be used all year round. There is also access to a further 4 asphalt courts on the same site. Our club facilities include a dedicated coaching office for our club coach.
We welcome all applicants that have the following:
- Experience coaching tennis players of all ages and abilities
- High level of organization and professionalism
- Enthusiasm for coaching and someone who wants to develop both their own coaching business and our club
- Qualified Tennis NZ coach or working towards qualifications
- Current police check
Feilding is a vibrant small rural town with affordable housing and a relaxed lifestyle. Palmerston North is a short 20 minute drive from Feilding.
Please register your interest in this position by emailing a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kiwi Tennis is a tennis management company that operates at 13 clubs across Auckland and the Waikato, and around 50 schools. We provide coaching to players of all ages and abilities, from national performance players through to junior, adult and schools coaching.
We're looking for our next Head Coach, and we'd love to hear from you if you have the following:
• A positive and enthusiastic attitude
• Fluency in written and spoken English.
• The highest level of professionalism and presentation
• An outgoing and dynamic personality that can relate easily to adults and juniors.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• An ability to build positive relationships with key stakeholders
• Relevant Tertiary qualifications
• Full Drivers License & car
• ITF Level 1/JDC/LTA Level 3
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
• Delivery of group and private lessons
• Overseeing the provision of all coaching at the nominated club
• Assisting in establishing and coordinating ongoing programmes across the club and
• Promotion and growth of the club and school coaching programmes, in addition to our
holiday programmes, each term.
• Managing the club’s coaching team
• Creating lesson plans for all sessions at the club
• Attendance at Committee meetings
• Racquet stringing and pro shop sales
• Playing interclub for the nominated club
• Training assistants and mentoring junior coaches where required
You'll be remunerated well, with an incentive program for the right applicant.
Come and join NZ's largest coaching company!
Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, or give us a ring on 022 898 1212 if you'd like to discuss the role.
PLANiTPRO is a professional tennis coaching business offering a variety of programmes across multiple locations in the Wellington region.
We’re currently looking for a motivated and energetic full-time Hot Shots Director to be based out of the Renouf Tennis Centre in Wellington, New Zealand. This is a great opportunity to work with a passionate team at a world-class indoor and outdoor tennis facility!\
The ideal candidate:
– is a career coach who is enthusiastic about coaching young players and has experience growing Hot Shots programmes;
– has a clear vision and the drive to grow the participation of PLANiTPRO’s Hot Shots programme;
– will be responsible for directing the Hot Shots programme, which includes coaching, administrative tasks, managing coaches, organising court times and bookings, etc;
– will actively engage with surrounding schools and the wider community to boost participation at the schools and convert those players into our term programmes and holiday camps;
– will organise and run Hot Shots events, tournaments and other initiatives outside of the weekly programmes to grow participation and create engagement for kids in tennis;
– is ITF Level 1 or higher qualified.
Preferred start date is from Term 3 (26 July).
Pay will be based on experience. Packages and incentives can be discussed upon receiving application.
You must have NZ residency or a current work visa to apply for this position. WE DO NOT SPONSOR OVERSEAS COACHES.
Email your details and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Evolve Tennis Coaching is seeking to appoint a professional Head Tennis Coach to deliver and develop a high quality coaching programme at the Thorndon Tennis & Squash Club.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide and maintain high quality coaching at all levels of the game
- Manage all on-court aspects involved with junior and senior coaching programmes
- Identify junior players of potential and nurture that potential through our development programmes
- Communicate effectively with the club, players and parents in a timely manner
- Provide a coaching service minimum 5 days a week. There is potential to substantially increase the current 27 hours per week.
- Ability to work with a team of coaches
- Mentor Senior, Development and Assistant Coaches
- Communicate with other Head Coaches at Evolve on a regular basis
- Administer player bookings and attendance records using a computerized system
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Display a high level of personal integrity and pride in their work, be motivated and willing to learn, honest and reliable, display initiative and able to work in a team
- Hold strong interpersonal and communication skills for all age groups
- Sound computer skills
Preferred Qualifications & Experience:
- ITF Level 1 coaching qualification equivalent or higher
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Tennis Hot Shots programme
- Minimum 5 years experience coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities
- Experience coaching Cardio Tennis preferred
Applicants should send their CV and other supporting details to Susan at email@example.com
Sports Centre Manager Organises, controls and promotes the activities, facilities and resources of a sports centre.
● Planning and organising the range and mix of entertainment, attractions, amusement machines and fitness programs to be offered by the centre
● Organising publicity to promote facilities and attract clients
● Scheduling games and competitions
● Selecting, training and supervising staff
● Ensuring facilities are properly maintained and conform to safety standards
● May undertake coaching, fitness instruction and training of clients
● May plan and organise catering facilities
Send your CV to Nelson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-Time/Part-Time Tennis Coach Employment
Mount Maunganui Tennis Club
A great opportunity has arisen for a coach to join our professional Coaching Team at Mount Maunganui Tennis Club in the Bay of Plenty.
This role will involve:
- Hot Shots Coaching
- Junior & Adult Group Coaching
- Tennis in Schools
- Cardio Tennis
- Private lessons with both juniors and adults
The suitable candidate must currently live in New Zealand and have the following:
- Experience coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities.
- Very good communication skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Outgoing and dynamic personality that can relate easily to adults and juniors.
- Current Police Check
If you are interested in this position and think that you have the necessary skills to fulfil this role, please apply to:
Pt Chevalier Tennis Club is looking to expand it’s coaching offering with a focus on performance coaching and player pathways for both junior and senior club players.
We have seen significant growth in our club membership and there is an opportunity to provide more coaching options. This includes coaching for our interclub teams (our top team are moving to 1st Grade), technical training for both advanced juniors and senior players and private coaching. We have built a sound foundation with our current coach with our junior players and beginner adults and are looking for opportunities to take this to the next level.
There is also opportunity to run events to further challenge our players.
The selected coach will take a senior role and develop the performance side of the club working alongside our existing coach.
The person must be a qualified tennis coach, have experience at playing at a high level (S6/D6 or above) and have excellent character references.
New Zealand residency is essential and must be living or planning to live in Auckland.
Pt Chev is a family oriented club with 200 senior players and 150 juniors. The club has seen significant growth and the committee want to sustain this.
We have 6 courts, 4 with lighting and estimate availability of 20 hours court time per week
Visit www.ptchevtennis.co.nz for more information.
The club is open to proposals as to how our requirements could be achieved.
Proposals and enquiries to email@example.com by 3 May 2021
We are looking for 2 Senior/Head Tennis Coaches (2 vacancies available)
TennisInc Coaching and Academy are based in the Wellington and Northern Wellington suburbs. We coach from Beginner right the way through to Performance level.
25+ hours per week are available in each role.
We are looking for highly skilled club coaches with extensive club coaching experience.
As a Senior/Head Coach. This role will involve working with many different levels and programmes, and will include:
* Private lessons with both juniors and adults
* Hot Shots Coaching
* Hotshots Tennis in Schools
* Junior Group Coaching
* Cardio/Adult Express Tennis
*Being able to restring is a plus
-The suitable candidate must have the following:
* ITF/Tennis Australia/Tennis New Zealand Level 1 or above tennis coaching qualification (or international equivalent) or be willing to get within one year of hire.
* Be Experienced coaching juniors and adults of all ages and abilities.
* Be Experienced in developing club and school coaching programmes.
* Strong administration, communication and computer skills.
* Current Police Check
* Eligibility to Work in New Zealand
*A High playing level preferred (S3 above) but not required.
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pakuranga Tennis Club is looking for a senior coach to assist the Head Coach in all areas of the club. This person ideally is able to work independently with all areas of junior development (hot shots) as well as junior performance and seniors. There are 25+ hours available with both privates and groups. Please get in touch for more information.
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Coaching opportunity at Avonhead Tennis Club
Our well-known resident coach, Shane Tainui, who has been with Avonhead for 21 years is
resigning so that he can devote his time to a business that he has bought.
The club wishes to build on the extensive work and good-will created by Shane, so we are
looking for someone who can:
• Grow the Junior membership and deliver a structured pathway programme to
• Introduce tennis to youngsters and older players through initiatives; e.g. tennis in
schools, easy-tennis type programmes for adults, holiday programmes
• Offer coaching opportunities for junior teams, social players and senior inter-club
• Offer school holiday and year-round coaching programmes (e.g. Winter)
• Show leadership in managing coaching
The club is open to proposals as to how our requirements could be achieved.
The selected coach will take a senior role and mentor the upskilling of the assistant coaches, and so divide responsibilities.
The person must be a qualified tennis coach and have excellent character references.
Avonhead has about 100 senior participants, currently 8 junior interclub teams, and about
60 youngster beginners. The club is growing and the committee wishes to actively sustain
The club has 2 hard courts, 4 synthetic grass courts, pavilion and a dedicated coaches office
all set in the leafy grounds of Crosbie Park Christchurch.
The club, currently, does not have a paid Junior Administrator and relies on volunteer support and the work of the resident coach.
Website is www.avonheadtennis.co.nz
Application and enquiries
By email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Enquires can also be made to Mike Clarke (Club
Captain) at phone 021 791 478 or Clive Davidson (President) 027 226 1901
Looking for a coach?
Looking for a great coach to help grow your club or coaching business? Post your great opportunity below, or click here for recruitment advice.