COVID-19 PROTECTION FRAMEWORK
Covid-19 in NZ
Kia ora koutou,
From 11.59pm on Monday 12 September 2022, most COVID-19 rules have ended in New Zealand.
- The COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic lights) has ended
- All mask-wearing requirements removed, except in healthcare and aged care facilities
There are no longer any restrictions for tennis and the wider sport sector, which means no requirements around mask wearing and vaccination certificates.
This is a good time to review your club’s (and coaching business) COVID-19 communications!
This might include:
- Taking down mask, scan/check in, vaccination, and traffic light related signage at your courts and clubhouse
- Review your club and coaching website pages for COVID-19 information that is out of date
- Check your emails, newsletters, and social media pages for COVID-19 related content that is out of date
It has been a long 2.5 years for tennis players, volunteers, coaches, and staff all around NZ. The team at Tennis NZ are extremely grateful for your support of tennis over this time, and always. Well done on getting through such a challenging time.
For further information you can visit the Government or Sport NZ websites.