Code of Conduct
The Tennis NZ Code of Conduct is based on the principle that the best tennis is a product of concentration, discipline and enjoyment.
The Tennis NZ General Code of Conduct can be found on page 32 (attachment A) of the Tennis Participant Protection Policy
The Tennis NZ Code of Behaviour for players, parents and spectators is as follows:
The Tennis NZ Code of Conduct for Coaches is as follows:
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every individual athlete as a human being.
- Maintain high standards of integrity.
- Be a positive role model for the sport and athletes and act in a way that projects a positive image of coaching.
- Ensure professional responsibilities are upheld.
- Make a commitment to providing a quality service to your athletes.
- Provide a safe environment for training and competition.
- Protect your athletes from any form of personal abuse.
Coaches should be treated with respect and openness, have access to self-improvement opportunities and be matched with a level of coaching appropriate to their ability.